Initiative Grants are for funding from Developmental Pathways to support organizations to expand access to resources for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and delays in the areas of 3-5 years old (3+), respite and transportation. One-time funds are available for innovative projects in the three specified areas.
Grant Project Areas
Projects for the grants must aim to bring full inclusion and access to community resources for children 3 – 5 years of age and their families.
- Sensory-friendly environments: materials, construction, activities, etc.
- Staff training: working with parents, inclusion, diagnoses, referrals, best practices, etc.
- Connecting families with community activities
To enhance and increase respite options for caregivers of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and delays.
- Expansion of in-home respite providers
- Increase locations and capacity of center-based respite
- Development or expansion of weekend and overnight options, including one-time needs
- Training for family and friends to provide respite
- Hiring and/or training of staff for Spanish-speaking or languages other than English
- Enhance respite activities and resource pooling (grouping, sharing) opportunities
- Develop programs to connect directly providers with caregivers & parents
The Transportation Initiative will increase opportunities for transportation through public and private entities.
- Safety training for traveling alone or training for caregivers
- Sensitivity training for drivers
- Extended hours (early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays)
- Expansion of transportation for one-time events on evenings and weekends
- Expand routes that will be self-sustainable once up and running
Grant details, including qualifications, directions, requirements and deadlines can be found in the cover letter, here.
Grant funds are available to non-profit and for-profit providers. Providers include but are not limited to:
- Program Approved Service Agencies (PASA)
- Community agencies (i.e.- recreation centers, places of worship, non-profits, businesses)
Grant funds must be used on innovative projects or programs geared to expand capacity of existing or new providers. Expanding capacity may include increasing:
- Number of people served
- Service times
- Populations served
- Areas of service
Additional eligibility requirements available here.
Submit Grant Application
Directions: Save the PDF application to your computer, complete the application and then push “Submit Form” button at the top of the PDF. Clicking “Submit Form” will ensure your application is submitted and processed in a timely manner.
Required financial documents and other attachments should be submitted to COevents@dpcolo.org with the project title in the email subject line.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis until all funds are depleted. Grants will be reviewed the first week of each month as applicable.
Grant Contact Information
For questions about grant eligibility or requirements or about the Initiatives in general, contact Dinah Frey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical questions about completing the application form or submitting attachments may be directed to COevents@dpcolo.org.