Children Extensive Supports Medicaid Waiver
The Children’s Extensive Support Waiver helps children (under 18) and families by providing services and supports that will help children establish a long-term foundation for community inclusion as they grow into adulthood. This program is specifically for children demonstrating a medical or behavioral condition where constant line of supervision is regularly needed to keep the child and others safe. Services include: personal assistance with daily living, respite, community connector services, assistive technology, home modification, and professional services.
Some of the work we are doing for each initiative includes:
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR SERVICES, CHILDREN IN THIS PROGRAM...
1. Are less than eighteen years of age
2. Require a special application process to meet waiver criteria
3. Have been determined to have a developmental disability which includes developmental delay if under five years of age
4. Live in the family home
5. Demonstrate a medical or behavioral condition that is so intense that almost constant line of sight supervision is required to keep the child and others safe
6. Are determined to meet the Federal Social Security Administration’s definition of disability
7. Have income less than $2,199.00 per month and his or her countable resources must be less than $2,000. A parent's income is not considered for the child's eligibility.
*For more information about Supports, please visit our Helpful Tools section.
SERVICES & SUPPORTS
Adaptive Therapeutic Recreational Equipment and Fees
Home Accessibility Adaptations
Personal Care Services
Specialized Medical Equipment & Supplies
*For more information about Services, click here.
Specialized Medical Equipment
*For more information about Services, please visit our Helpful Tools section.