State Supported Living Services Program (SLS)
To be eligible for services adults in this program…
1. Are eighteen (18) years of age or older
2. Have residency in the State of Colorado
3. Have been determined to have an intellectual or developmental disability pursuant to the procedures set forth in the Colorado Code of Regulations.
For certain State SLS supports, additional criteria may apply and eligibility for the State-SLS program does not guarantee the availability of services and supports under this program.
*For more information about Supports, please visit our Helpful Tools section.
SERVICES & SUPPORTS
Individuals on the State SLS Program can access the same services available on the HCBS-SLS Waiver, including:
Home Accessibility Adaptations
Home Delivered Meals
Life Skills Training
Personal Care Services
Personal Emergency Response
Recreational Facility Fees/Passes
Specialized Medical Equipment/Supplies
Supported Employment/Job Coaching
*For more information about Services, please visit our Helpful Tools section.
ADDITIONAL STATE SLS SERVICES & SUPPORTS
- Pre-enrollment supports for Individuals waiting for HCBS waiver enrollment: Eligible individuals may receive supports and services identified in the HCBS-SLS Waiver under State SLS Funding until their waiver enrollment is complete.
- Supports for Individuals Experiencing Temporary Hardships: in situations where alternative community supports and natural supports have been exhausted, State SLS may be a resource to support eligible individuals experiencing temporary hardships with supports such as:
- Payment of utilities up to $1,000 per fiscal year
- Emergency Food Assistance up to $400 per fiscal year
- Pest Infestation Abatement up to $2,000 per fiscal year
- Assistance with housing application fees and initial housing costs
- Supporting Independence in the Community: State-SLS may be utilized to provide an individual found eligible for or enrolled in an HCBS Medicaid waiver, with a one-time payment or acquisition of needed household items, in the event the Client is moving into a residence as defined in Section 8.500.93.A.(7).