Age 16 & Up
The Brain Injury (BI) waiver helps people (16 yrs. & up) with a brain injury who need extra support to live in their communities. You can get these extra services along with your regular Health First Colorado covered services as long as they are not duplicative.
Visit the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing website for the most current information about the BI Waiver.
- Be 16 years or older.
- Need long-term services as you would get in a nursing home or a hospital.
- Be willing to get services in your home or community.
- Have a brain injury, which occurred before your 65th birthday (if it occurred after your 65th birthday, another program may be available to you).
- Have a diagnosis which fits within certain categories; our case managers can help you find out more.
- Meet financial determination requirements as outlined in the Colorado Code of Regulations and as determined by your local Department of Human Services.
Services & Supports
- Adult Day Services
- Assistive Devices
- Behavioral Management and Education
- Day Treatment
- Home Delivered Meals
- Home Modification
- Independent Living Skills Training (ILST)
- Medication Reminder
- Mental Health Counseling
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Peer Mentorship
- Personal Care (with Remote Supports options)
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Respite Care
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Supported Living Program
- Transition Set Up
- Transitional Living Program
Service Delivery Options / Additional Benefits
- Consumer Directed Attendant Support Services (CDASS)