Birth - 18 yrs.
The Children’s Extensive Support Waiver helps children (under 18) and families by providing services and supports that will help children establish a long-term foundation for community inclusion as they grow into adulthood.
This program is specifically for children demonstrating a medical or behavioral condition where constant line-of-sight supervision is regularly needed to keep the child and others safe. Services include personal assistance with daily living, respite, community connector services, assistive technology, home modification, and professional services.
Visit the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing website for the most current information about the CES Waiver.
To qualify, your child..
- Be less than 18 years of age
- Require a special application process to meet waiver criteria
- Have been determined to have a developmental disability which includes developmental delay if under five years of age
- Live in the family home
- Demonstrate a medical or behavioral condition that is so intense that almost constant line-of-sight supervision is required to keep the child and others safe
- Are determined to meet the Federal Social Security Administration’s definition of disability
- Meet the intermediate care facility for people with developmental disabilities level of care as outlined in state and federal regulations
- Meet financial determination requirements as outlined in the Colorado Code of Regulations and as determined by your local Department of Human Services.
Services & Supports
- Adaptive Therapeutic Recreational Equipment and Fees
- Assistive Technology
- Community Connector
- Home Accessibility Adaptations
- Homemaker Services
- Massage Therapy
- Movement Therapy
- Parent Education
- Personal Care Services
- Respite Services
- Specialized Medical Equipment & Supplies
- Vehicle Adaptations
- Youth Day Service