Ages 3 - 21 yrs.
The Children’s Habilitation Residential Program Waiver offers services for youth under 21 years old with a developmental or intellectual disability and very high needs.
For more information about the CHRP Waiver, please visit:
Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing – CHRP Waiver
To be eligible for services, children in this program...
- Are less than 21 years of age
- Have been determined to have a developmental disability which includes developmental delay if under five years of age;
- Meet the intermediate care facility for people with developmental disabilities level of care as outlined in state and federal regulations;
- Have intensive behavioral or medical support needs that put them at risk or in need of out-of-home placement.
- Meet the Health First Colorado financial determination for Long-Term Services and Supports eligibility.
- Financial determination requirements are outlined in the Colorado Code of Regulations 10 CCR 2505-10, Section 8.100.
*For more information about Supports, please visit our Helpful Tools section.
Services & Supports
- Community Connection Services
- Habilitation Services, which can include:
- Cognitive Services
- Communication Services
- Emergency Assistance Training
- Independent Living Training
- Personal Care Services
- Self-Advocacy Training
- Supervision Services
- Travel Services
- Intensive Support Services
- MassageMovement Therapy
- Respite Services
- Transition Support Services
* Services are not billed separately but under the habilitation services covered and are part of residential services