Are you new to the disability system or still trying to understand its language? If so, our new acronym guide might be a great tool for you!
We’ve compiled a detailed list of acronyms used across the disability system, for all ages and agencies, to create a quick guide for when you’re in need.
You can download it below:
Other handy tools for related system acronyms include:
- This searchable list on the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing (HCPF) website, which oversees Colorado Medicaid (also known as Health First Colorado).
- This list from the National Conference of State Legislators for Early Care and Education abbreviations and acronyms: https://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/acronyms-what-do-all-those-letters-mean.aspx.
- THINK+change’s Acronym Quick Reference Guide on the disability system https://thinkchange.training/acronym-quick-reference-guide/
HOW TO USE THIS GUIDE
- Opening the Navigation Pane
- If the navigation pane is not showing:
- Using the top tool bar, select “View”
- Then select “Show/Hide”
- Then select “Navigation Guide”
- Using the Table of Contents (or TOC):
- Find the acronym you are looking for and use CTRL + ENTER or CTRL + CLICK to navigate directly to the definition.
- To return to the main TOC, use the navigation pane on the left.
- Using the Complete List:
- Scroll down through the pages to find the acronym(s) you need; they are in alphabetical order.
- Using the search feature in the Navigation Window:
- Type the acronym or part of the assumed definition into the “search document” box and hit enter
- Using the “Find” function in the Document
- Use CTRL +F to open the “Find” search box and type in the term you are searching for to find it in the document;
- Use the “Next” button to move through each instance of the term until you find the definition