DP is proud to offer two locally funded programs to support individuals with I/DD and families with accessing a variety of supports across the community. Local funding is comprised of Mill Levy funding from Arapahoe County, Douglas County as well as endowment funds, grants, donations, and other sources.
Unmet / Under-met Needs
Individuals with developmental disabilities or delays often have increased living costs due to expenses to support their day-to-day needs. From extra medical interventions to therapies to home and vehicle adaptations to assistive technology supports—these additional costs can burden individuals and families.
- Getting help connecting to the I/DD system (testing, pre-enrollment supports, etc.)
- Supporting greater independence and/or integration in the home or the community
- Health, safety, and medical needs not otherwise met
- Helping to avoid out-of-home and/or institutional placements
- Professional services to address health, safety, medical, or behavior needs not otherwise met
- Supervision and respite to ensure health, safety, and placement stability
Scholarships are a way to connect individuals with I/DD directly to community providers for identified services. DP builds relationships with providers who serve multiple individuals and creates a process for direct billing that allows DP families to participate in the service at no cost or a significantly reduced rate.
- Working with over 25 vendors across our region
- Helping families access:
- Higher education opportunities
- Social groups
- Water safety
For more information about scholarships, please contact