Birth - 17 yrs.
The Children’s Home and Community-Based Services Waiver (CHCBS) helps children (under 18) with significant medical needs and who are at risk for institutional care in an acute hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Visit the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing website for the most current information about the CHCBS Waiver.
To qualify, your child..
- Is willing to get services in your home or community.
- Needs long-term support services at a level comparable to services typically provided in a skilled nursing facility and/or an acute hospital.
- Meets the Social Security Administration (SSA) definition of disability.
- Is 17 years or younger (not have reached his/her 18th birthday).
- Requires medical care that would typically be provided in either a skilled nursing facility and/or an acute hospital.
- Meets financial determination requirements as outlined in the Colorado Code of Regulations and as determined by your local Department of Human Services.
Services & Supports
- Case Management Services
Service Delivery Options / Additional Benefits
- In-Home Support Services (IHSS)
- Consumer Directed Attendant Support Services (CDASS)